Join Us
April 25-28

Sheraton Hotel
801 Dixon Rd.
Toronto, ON

Directions & Travel Info

View Larger Map

Driving Directions

From the East

* Take the 401 Highway westbound
* Take the Dixon Road exit and follow the Dixon Road West ramp
* At the second traffic light, turn left on Skyway Avenue
* The hotel entrance is on your right hand side.

From the West

* Take the 401 Highway eastbound to the Dixon Road exit.
* Proceed on Dixon Road in the left lane.
* Turn left at Skyway Avenue.
* The hotel will be on the right.

From the South

* Take the Gardiner Expressway to Highway 427.
* Take Highway 427 North to the Dixon Road exit.
* Turn right onto Dixon Road.
* The hotel is located on the southwest corner of Dixon Road and Skyway Avenue.

From Toronto Pearson International Airport

* Take Dixon Road eastbound.
* The hotel is within 5 minutes of the airport, on the Southwest corner of Dixon Road and Skyway Avenue.


 Transit Directions

From Union Station and points east:

* Take the Yonge/University/Spadina subway line to Lawrence West Station.
* Take the 52A, 52B or 52D Lawrence West bus. Do NOT take the 52F or 52G as they do not reach the convention. Bus trip is approx. 30-40 min depending on time of day.
* Get off bus at Atwell Rd, cross street to hotel.

From Kipling Station:

* Take the 45 bus north to Dixon Rd.
* Transfer at Dixon Rd onto 52 Lawrence West bus westbound (52A, 52B or 52D).
* Get off bus at Atwell Rd, cross street to hotel.


Travelling from the U.S.

If you’re flying into Canada, you’ll need a passport. For land crossings, you can get an enhanced driver’s license or passport card.

Information on the necessary identification (and how to get it) is here:


If money is a concern, you might want to check into flying to Buffalo and then driving or taking the bus to Toronto; it’s only a 2-hour drive and flights to Buffalo are often much cheaper.

Is crossing the border difficult?

Not really, you just want them to understand that you’re a harmless geek.  It’s best to have a printout showing something about the con, like a progress report or website printout, just to show the border services where you’re going and when you’re coming back. You basically want to be clear that you’re going to a geeky social gathering; if necessary explain that it’s like a Star Trek convention (most people are familiar with those). “Conference” is a better word than “Convention”, as the latter tends to translate as “Trade show” to border services.

Do I need Canadian money?

Many businesses will accept US funds but you may not get a good exchange rate.  If you don’t change money before you go, you can do it when you arrive; also, most ATMs will accept your credit and/or debit cards and allow you to withdraw Canadian funds from your US account.  Any card that has a Cirrus or Plus logo will work at Canadian ATMs. However you may not be able to use your US debit card when making purchases at businesses (credit card would be fine).

It’s also good idea to notify your credit card company that you’re leaving the country so your account doesn’t get frozen due to suspicious activity.